Get our articles to your inbox.
- September 14, 2016 2:15 PM The Break-Up No, absolutely not! You cannot break up with your nanny by email or text. It’s never boring at White House Nannies. I’m sharing this sto... More »
- August 3, 2016 2:47 PM Nanny Makes the Match There is nothing more fun, other than seeing your own children get married, than seeing their lifelong friends find true love and tie the knot. Th... More »
What are the requirements to apply for a position through White House Nannies?
If you are applying for a nanny position through WHN, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 5 years of recent nanny experience (3 years for temps) or a combination of college studies and childcare experience
- Possess a driver’s license and good driving record
- Be legal to work in the United States (citizenship, green card, work permit)
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance to our available positions
- Be able to provide at least 3 verifiable childcare references (non-family members)
- Able to communicate well in english
We welcome applications from nannies of all backgrounds who meet these requirements.
How do I find a position through White House Nannies?
If you meet our requirements (see above), you may complete the application to be a nanny here. Upon completion, you will be contacted for a phone interview to review and confirm your application details. From there, we will call your references directly. Positive feedback will result in an invitation to meet with us in person and begin the process to help you find the right position!
What would make me an exceptional nanny candidate?
White House Nannies highly values the applications of candidates with the following qualities:
- Work history chronology
- Ability to commit long term
- Glowing letters of reference
- Proof of continuing education related to children
What is the average rate of pay for a nanny that is placed by WHN?
While the decision of what to charge for your services is yours, the agency has found that the current average rate of pay for a live-out nanny is $16-$20 per hour. When quoting your rate, we encourage you to choose one that falls in this range and to base the amount on your experience and the requirements of the position. If you have a live-in position, you must factor in the room and board that will be provided when determining your salary range.
What are the standard job responsibilities requested by your clients?
Nanny positions vary based on the needs of the family or client. General duties include feeding, dressing, and bathing the child(ren), as well as planning and carrying out age-appropriate activities, driving children to their activities, and careful supervision at all times. Additional duties may include light housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, errands, and general family assistant duties.
What is the average length of commitment for a position?
White House Nannies requires our permanent nannies be willing to make a minimum one year commitment to a family, although it is typical for our nannies to stay with a family for 2-5 years. We ask that temporary nannies commit to working with the agency for a minimum of 6 months, although many of our current temporary nannies have worked with us for years.
What kinds of benefits can I expect?
White House Nannies works with our clients and nannies to achieve a comprehensive benefits package for each of our nannies. Although we cannot guarantee certain benefits, some positions include health insurance (all or a portion), paid vacation, paid holidays, and a car for on-the-job transportation.
How long will it take me to find a job?
Search time varies based on the candidate’s background and the requirements of our client’s positions. A candidate’s search may be as short as a week or as long as several months. Once qualified by our agency, temporary nannies can be assigned to engagements immediately.