Permanent Nanny Placements
- $500 non-refundable registration fee to activate your search.
- Placement fee based on nanny’s annual income. The minimum placement fee is 20%. This fee also gives you access to our temporary/emergency services for one year at the prevailing rates. Clients who pay a 22% placement fee do not pay daily referral fees for temporary/emergency care when their permanent nanny is sick or unavailable during her regular work hours.
- All family assistant positions are charged the 22% placement fee.
Nanny salaries vary depending on job requirements, the living situation, the number and age of children, and the nanny’s experience.
- On average, nannies in the DC area charge $20-$25/hour – since COVID, we’ve seen the market shift to $25-30/hr due to the highly competitive nature of the market.
- Live-in nannies are not as common as they once were, but are still available through White House Nannies. Live-in nannies generally charge less per hour because they receive room and board.
- Family Assistants generally charge $25-$35/hour.
- Nanny Shares $23-25/hour – since COVID, we’ve seen the market shift to $25-30/hr due to the highly competitive nature of the market.
Salaries are negotiated directly between nannies and families.
Summer Nanny Placements
- For summer placements the non-refundable search fee is $500 and the placement fee is $3,000.
- Please note Summer Placements are for children ages 2+. Ongoing summer care for children under 2 years old is handled by our Temporary Division and is billed by referral fee vs. a one-time placement fee.
Temporary Nanny Placement Fees
Registered Client: $350/year plus daily referral fees
This service is best for families who regularly need temporary care for date nights, school closings, trips, unforeseen emergencies and mildly ill children. All of your information, including childcare preferences, past nannies, and any medical issues, is confidentially and securely stored so we can send you the best babysitter for you and your children as quickly as possible.
Registered clients pay $50/day/caregiver to the agency. Payment is handled directly between you and the babysitter at an agreed upon hourly rate.
For your convenience, a member of our staff is on call until 10 pm (except Saturdays until 7pm) to assist with your unexpected or emergency needs.
Newborn care (under 12 weeks)
Newborn overnight (under 12 weeks)
Standard 24 hour childcare
Newborn 24 hour care (under 12 weeks)
** Higher referral rates apply if you request a service after regular business hours. To avoid paying high referral rates, please call our office during regular business hours or contact us via email or our new portal. Please be advised caregivers may charge up to time and a half on major holidays.
Employers are legally required to withhold their portion of Medicare, Social Security, and Unemployment from their nanny’s wages. While not a requirement, most nannies prefer that their taxes—including state and federal—be withheld as well. We recommend Homework Solutions or GTM payroll services for help with your household tax needs. For topline information about employment laws in DC, MD, and VA, click here.